SAN RAFAEL BARBELL
San Rafael Barbell is specifically outfitted with powerlifting cages, racks, blocks and lifting platforms designed for quality and safe strength training. For lifts, we use dedicated bars, competition bumper plates as well as any variety of banded or chained lifts. Our gear is well maintained and clean. We are extremely proud of our Strength Training and Weightlifting Gym. San Rafael Barbell is outfitted with every tool necessary to bring out the beast in you. There is no better match to a CrossFit athlete, than a dedicated strength program designed specifically to accompany them. Come in on your own accord in specific time windows and work on your strength. This is where we turn Bears into Gorillas.. and sometimes even Power Bunnies! San Rafael Barbell is also available to non CrossFit members for $165 per month call or email us today to find out more!
- Chad Wilson grew up in Columbus, Ohio and his love of athletics and lifting weights began at an early age. In high school where he played football and wrestled he began to learn a lot about lifting weights. This love of learning continued on thru college where he played football and studied exercise science. During his college days he also began to love the sport of Power Lifting. He even got a chance to lift at Westside Barbell where he continued to learn more about the sport and methods of Power Lifting. Wilson moved to California in 2004 where he met the love of his life Meshelle. Chad continued to lift weights in a traditional setting but the gym scene grew tiresome and that is when he discovered CrossFit.
- Chad competed for the Tamalpais Crossfit gym team in 2011 & 2012 at the Nor Cal Regionals. In 2012, with the help of his much stronger wife, they set a record in the DB Snatch/ Sprint partner WOD. Wilson also holds a PWA (Pacific Weightlifting Record) in the Clean & Jerk of 131 kgs in Masters.
- Though Chad's love for CrossFit is strong, he has recently returned to his roots and has been concentrating more on Power Lifting. His eye for coaching the Bench, Deadlift and Back Squat is impeccable and his down to earth approach is refreshing.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified and has
- CrossFit specialty certification in Westside Barbell
- CrossFit specialty certification Gymnastics
- Meshelle is Co-Owner, CF Coach and Olympic Weightlifting Coach at Tamalpais CrossFit. Together, with her awesome husband, Chad, she established 1 CrossFit World Record 2012 and topped the CrossFit women’s snatch ladder. She competes regularly in Olympic Weightlifting at the National level and continues to build a reputation as one of the strongest women on the West Coast.
- Meshelle’s love for CrossFit started the moment she picked up a barbell in her first class. She has been participating, coaching and competing in CrossFit since 2008.
- She is CrossFit Level 1 Certified and has CrossFit specialty certifications in Westside Barbell and Olympic lifting as well as a certification for USA Weightlifting Level I Sports Performance.
- Meshelle is a vegan and takes pride in changing peoples assumptions that vegans are weak.
- 2014 World Masters Champion
- 2014 National Masters Champion
- Currently holding 4 National records and 7 Pacific Weightlifting Association records
- CrossFit Snatch Ladder leader in 2012 at 185lbs.
- CrossFit Level 1 Certified and has
- CrossFit specialty certifications in Westside Barbell,
- CrossFit Self Defense and
- CrossFit Olympic Weightlifting
- Certification for USA Weightlifting Level I Sports Performance.
- Michael is Co-Owner CrossFit Level II Coach and Personal Trainer at TCF. Michael has also been a devotee of Taekwondo, to the level of Master, as well as an apprentice in Iyengar Yoga at the Yoga Circle of Chicago. A personal trainer for over a decade, Michael has distinguished himself from his peers both through his dedication to his clients and his extensive skill set.
- Never completely understanding or embracing the “fitness” industry model, Michael found salvation in the CrossFit method. An instant convert from the moment of exposure, Michael quickly immersed himself in CrossFit and its methods. Taking all he has learned and pouring it into CrossFit, Michael has a unique and clear direction for the future. “I will pursue excellence in teaching CrossFit and will literally make the world a better place”. Michael is also
- CrossFit Certified Level 1 Coach
- CrossFit Certified Level 2 Coach
- CrossFit Certified in Nutrition
- CrossFit Certified Science of Exercise
- CrossFit Certified Gymnastics
- CrossFit Certified Olympic Lifting
- Chasing performance: Movement, mobility & Maintenance
- Master level Taekwondo